stars, based on
Custom Prescription Center
Innovating hormone testing since 1998. Promoting wellness to address menopause, infertility, weight management, adrenal fatigue, depression & more.
The Science of Dried Blood Spot Testing
Dried blood spot is an important part of the minimally-invasive hormone testing that is the hallmark of ZRT Laboratory. The simplicity of sample collection, stability of samples in storage and transport, and excellent correlation of blood spot assays with serum tests, have made it an ideal method for epidemiological and field research studies for a variety of health conditions in both children and adults.
• Convenient for both patient and health care practitioner
• No phlebotomist, special preparation such as centrifugation of the blood, or special packaging and shipment required, therefore less expensive and more convenient than conventional blood draws
• Simple and convenient collection of blood at home allows for flexibility of testing at the right time of day or month or following hormone therapy
• Hormones and other analytes stable in dried blood spot at room temperature for weeks, allowing for greater latitude in collection and shipping
• Infectious agents such as HIV are inactivated by drying the blood thus allowing for safer transport and lab testing of the blood sample
• Familiarity of hormone test levels: ranges for hormones in dried blood spots nearly identical to ranges for conventional serum tests
Dried blood spot testing can help providers:
• Identify hormonal deficiencies or imbalances associated with aging and disease, thyroid dysfunction and symptoms of menopause and andropause
• Link clinical symptoms to specific hormone imbalances identified by the test
• Restore hormonal balance and patient quality of life using test results as a rational basis for treatment
• Monitor patient hormone levels for individualized, physiologic dosing of hormone supplementation
• Track patient progress with comparative history reports provided with follow-up testing
Would you like to place an order?
Product Order Request